Call For Art: Back To School

Via LITM:

Call for Submissions: BACK TO SCHOOL
SUBMISSION DEADLINE: Monday Aug 29
EXHIBITION DATES: Sept 5- Oct 2 2016
OPENING RECEPTION: Tuesday Sept 6th
Please submit JPEG entries to: andrea@litm.com

What’s your favorite subject? (besides art of course!) Time travel back to your school days! We’re looking for work inspired by the lessons learned in the classroom. Math, science, history, literature… send us your nerdiest artwork and move to the head of the class!

SUBMISSIONS:
All work MUST be for sale.
Include your name, title, medium, dimensions, price, as well as any other pertinent information with your submission.
There are no limitations on medium, but all works must be able to be hung on the wall. We unfortunately do not have shelf space, so if you are submitting 3 dimensional pieces they must either be designed to hang on the wall or contained in a shadowbox type frame.

All artwork MUST be READY TO HANG. This means: Pieces must have wires, saw tooth hangers, or other secure hanging device attached (Light weight canvases under 5 inches are the only exception. Specialty pieces must be discussed with curator in advance)
If we have to wire your piece for you, you WILL be assessed a $15 fee!

COMMISSION: The artist will receive 60% of the sales price with the remaining 40% going to the gallery. PLEASE PRICE ACCORDINGLY!

DROP OFF: ONCE ACCEPTED artists must drop off work by Monday Sept 5th
TUE-WED 12pm-7pm THU-SAT 3:30pm-7pm SUN 3:30pm-10pm
MON Sept 5 11am-1pm

Work will be taken down on Monday Oct 3rd
Artists may pick up work on the Sunday before if they wish.

Andrea Morin: Curator
andrea@litm.com
LITM Gallery/Lounge/Restaurant
140 Newark Avenue
Jersey City NJ
07302
917 400 1217