‘Tis the season for Liberty Science Center’s annual winter celebration, 12 Days of Science, and it’s bigger than ever! The festivities are taking place from December 21 through January 2 (head to LSC.org for hours).
This year, we have more special activities and experiences than ever before. Here are just a few of the highlights:
• Frosty the Faux Man: We have snow that never melts! What is it made of? Build a snowman out of our amazing faux snow.
• Arctic Architecture: Use milk cartons to make an indoor igloo. There’s snow place like home!
• Slap Shot Hockey: Our ice rink is missing just one thing: real ice. Our high-tech synthetic polymer surface is smooth, slippery, and slap-shot ready! Kids 10 and under should drop by and try it. (On Dec. 30, a rep from the New Jersey Devils will visit and give us some slap-shot pointers!)
• Snowflake Construction: Young learners and their grown-ups can build a giant snowflake out of PVC pipes.
• Liquid Nitrogen Ice Cream: Learn how we use supercold liquid nitrogen to make this tasty treat, and maybe try a taste. (Dec. 21-24, 2:00 pm; Dec. 31 – Jan. 2, 11:00 am, 2:00 pm)
• Laser Wonderland: End the day with a spectacular, 40-minute laser show set to some favorite holiday and winter-themed songs. (Dec. 20 – 23, 4:15 pm; Dec. 26 – Jan. 2, 5:15 pm)
• 3D Print a Snowflake: Come to the MakerLab and see how 3D printing works. Print a snowflake to take home! (Dec. 27 – 29).
• TP Blizzard: Head to Governors Hall at noon during your visit. You will be blanketed by a blizzard of toilet paper! Spectacular fun—no shovels required.
Throughout the 12 Days, we will have winter-themed Story Times and labs, chances to meet African penguins (Dec. 27 – 29) and live owls (Dec. 30), plus your last chance to visit Bodies Revealed and Curious George: Let’s Get Curious! during their final runs at LSC.
RSVP to this event for more updates over the next few days.